CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

TV- Why Waste Your Time?

I was just talking to my mom when the subject turned to TV. How many of you watch TV-a lot. I used to! Then- after a series of "to hard to explain" events- we stopped. I mean, we still watch a little TV every now and then, but not much, because my brother has the only working DVD player in his room and we don't really have anything to watch. Well anyway, once we were at church and the paster was preaching on...... something- I don't remember exactly what- but then he told us something that shocked me (even though it shouldn't of.) He said that the average person spends 14 YEARS watching television. 14 YEARS!!! And 4 of those years are commercials. That makes me mad. I guess the only one I can blame for watching so much TV is me- so I'm just mad at myself- but after hearing that I really don't want to waste my time watching it. My mom says she'd rather us go out and have fun with our own life (obeying God all the while ) than sit and watch someone else live there's. I totally agree. I know some of you probably don't watch TV at your house- and are glad that you don't!- but those of you who do, I encourage you to try not to do it too much. Why waste your time in front of box?! Go out and live life!

God Bless-Majel

7 comments:

Zoe said...

So very true! I don't spend much time at all in front of the TV. There isn't usually much good on anyway!

Paris said...

You didn't mention that Mom destroyed our other DVD player :)

And while it was still plugged in...

Majel said...

Yeah, your right Zoe.I'm not allowed to watch half the stuff on TV!-Majel

Sarah said...

wow! I didn't know that. I think I'll cut down on watching tv!

Zoe said...

Great verse!

Ian said...

I usually watch either hockey or Home Improvement, which is a sitcom that comes on about 10 o'clock where I live....not much else I could do at that time anyway....

but other than that, I usually prefer to try and stay away from the TV when I can.

:)Ian(:

Anonymous said...

I never watch TV. I much rather be rading a good book!!! No one in our family watches it, I literaly mean never!!! Aren't you proud of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, well I agree with you Zoe. When people at school say what their favorite TV show is, it makes me glad that I don't watch it at all. It isn't good to get things going through your head! I really like your blog. Kepp posting =) I'll comment soon!!!!